stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

where's the sun?


As I publish this post, my countdown to spring stands at 53 days. That's nearly 1,272 more hours of shivers and gloom. I need me some sunshine! But since a trip to the tropics isn't in the cards this year, I did the (almost) next best thing and visited the Centennial Park Conservatory where just about everything is blooming and cheerful.


Gorgeous Amaryllis

Bird-of-Paradise

Aloe Vera

Kalanchoe

Just a small part of the massive display of Cyclamen - beautiful!

These guys wanted sunbeams, too, but no luck. 

I felt much better after communing with the flowers for a while, even though the sun never did make an appearance. We're in for a long stretch of sunless days here in Toronto and I can feel myself growing more quiet and withdrawn by the hour. I may have to retrieve my SAD therapy lamp from the back of the closet and bask in some artificial rays. 

How do you beat the mid-winter blues?



Permalink: where's the sun?



stillpoint is the blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington







Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:58 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Beautiful flowers Cheryl. The long dreary days of winter are always hard. I mostly turn the fire on and hug Jay! Spring (and sun) will return before you know it.

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Joanne Guidoccio said...

Hi Cheryl, Love these pictures! While there is considerable greyness out there, the roads are clear of ice and snow. Definitely a positive!!

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger Sheila Seabrook said...

We've had an exceptionally long period of nothing but cloud and fog too, and it definitely wears on one's disposition. However, outside my window today is beautiful blue sky!!! I will send it your way, Cheryl...I'm all for sharing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home