stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Monday, January 01, 2018

books of 2017...


Happy New Year and welcome to my seventh annual New Year's Day book list. I almost made it to one hundred books in 2017... but not quite. According to Goodreads, I missed the big number by four. 

My five-star reads were a mix of mystery, historical fiction, and non-fiction and if there's an overarching theme, it must be books with a French connection. I binged on first two Brittany Mysteries (Commissaire Dupin) by Jean-Luc Bannalec and can't wait for April to get my hands on The Fleur de Sel Murders, book three in this terrific series that is slowly (too slowly!) being translated from the original German. That led me to Martin Walker's Bruno, Chief of Police mysteries - highly recommended for the settings and food alone. Closer to home, Janet Kellough's Thaddeus Lewis series is a step back in time to pre-Confederation Ontario - engrossing history in clever mysteries. 

2017 five-star reads, in no particular order:



If you'd like to see all ninety-six books, hop on over to my 2017 Goodreads Challenge round-up page and browse around. 

So... what were your best books of the year? Do we have any titles in common?






stillpoint... blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:57 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Quite the reading list Cheryl and lots of great ideas for my own reading. May you reach 100 in 2018. I almost made it too but came up short.

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Good luck, Susan! 100 is a lot of books. I see we're both "aiming" for 75 in this year's challenge.

 
At 4:07 pm, Blogger Sheila Seabrook said...

Wow, 96 books is pretty awesome. May you reach 100 this year. Happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home