stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

goodbye little friend...


RIP Sam
January 24, 2001 - February 2, 2017

My sweet Sam passed quietly away this afternoon. He was the best and finest cat I've ever known and I will miss him terribly. The last few weeks were a great struggle for Sam - after sixteen years his mighty heart had begun to let him down - so I'm comforted to know he is finally at peace. I'll always be grateful for our time together, for all the smiles and laughter, for all he taught me about love and life, and for the chance to share his stories here on the blog. 

Goodbye, little friend. You were a Very Good Boy indeed.

More about Sam...






Sam enjoying his balcony, summer 2009






Watercolour portrait of Sam by Jocelyn, Ontario, Canada


stillpoint is the blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:24 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Sympathies Cheryl.I am sad he is gone and wish he could still be with you but glad you had many years together and that I got to enjoy his many antics from afar. I love the story of how you two came together and how you listened when he told you his name. They are so much wiser than humans give them credit for. The watercolour of him is gorgeous, just gorgeous. RIP Sam

 
At 9:24 am, Blogger Joanne Guidoccio said...

My condolences, Cheryl. I've enjoyed reading about your adventures with Sam.

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger Sheila Seabrook said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cheryl. Over the years, I've enjoyed Sam's antics. Sending you love and hugs.

RIP Sam.

 
At 1:59 pm, Blogger Colleen said...

So sorry, Cheryl! It's so hard to lose them. He's a beautiful cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home