stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

being thankful...


Thanksgiving comes early in Canada, celebrated on the second Monday in October. But there can never be too many reminders to be thankful, especially now when good news seems hard to find.

I am thankful for my family, for friends I love and who love me. 

I'm thankful for quiet mornings with my cat, for the sometimes hectic busyness of life, and for the freedom to write and speak what I believe. 

I'm thankful for the struggles of life, past and present. They make me stronger. 

I'm thankful for the chance to understand in some small way the hopes and fears of other people, other cultures, and for those shining moments of connection that sometimes happen. 

I am thankful to have enough; thankful for opportunities to share; and thankful for so much more.

Poet e.e. cummings wrote, "i thank You God for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes"

Yes!



Last but definitely not least, I am thankful for you. 

No matter when you celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving! Better still... celebrate thanksgiving, no matter when.




Permalink: being thankful...




stillpoint is the blog of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Agree all around. And one of the things I am very grateful for are the friends I have acquired on line (and their cats!)

 
At 10:20 pm, Blogger Joanne Guidoccio said...

Beautiful post! I'm grateful for all the wonderful companions on my journey, online and IRL. :)

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Susan and Joanne .... I am thankful that you stopped by to read and share. ;-)

 
At 5:51 pm, Blogger Sheila Seabrook said...

Glorious words, Cheryl. I'm always grateful for long time friends like you. :-)

 
At 9:08 am, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thank you, Sheila. It has been a long time, hasn't it? I'm almost afraid to count!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home