stillpoint

musings from Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington ... home of The Write Spot

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

a cat's tale...


Sam the Cat takes over the blog this week with a frank and uncensored look at a day in his busy life. (I suspect he is secretly writing a memoir. Not surprising. He's always been a bit bookish.)






* * *

In my youth, I roamed all night. Now that I am an elder cat, I prefer to sleep until sunrise. For some reason, this makes Ma'am happy. Hmm. I may need to re-think. There is much to be said for rising by moonlight.

Wake yourself, Ma'am, for I am hungry and require my morning kibble.

It is impolite to speak with one's mouth full.

I prefer my water cold and inconveniently located. 

At last, I have the bed all to myself.

Ma'am sits on this machine to huff and puff. (Humans are weird.) I prefer my quiet perch behind the curtains, my own private window on the world.

Curtains are also useful for playing hide and seek, a game at which I excel. Sometimes, just to keep her happy, I let Ma'am find me.

Time for another nap. Ma'am thinks this is her chair. Ma'am is wrong.

Ma'am puts my toys away in a basket, then runs machine-that-roars back and forth over the carpet. Afterwards, I help by putting all my toys back where they belong. Always considerate. It is just my nature.

Dinner time means wet food. Today's menu is turkey, my favourite. Next, a thorough clean-up, first the floor, then my paws and whiskers. A wise cat is never too busy to keep himself well groomed. 

Lap time with massage. Oh ... oh, yes. That's the spot.

At last, my busy day is done. Time for a few stretches before bed and then ... 

... lights out. Say good night, ma'am.

Goodnight, Sam.



Permalink: a cat's tale

This week, stillpoint is the blog of Sam the Cat 
courtesy of Canadian author Cheryl Cooke Harrington

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:20 pm, Blogger Joanne Guidoccio said...

Hi Cheryl, Love hearing from Sam the Cat. Great photos! :)

 
At 5:28 pm, Anonymous Susan McNicoll said...

Oh my Cheryl. I never get over how gorgeous Sam is and now I realize he is also so very wise. I LOVE all the photos and especially love his putting the toys back where they belong! Great blog.

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Joanne and Susan - Sam says thanks for visiting. We're so glad you enjoyed Sam's 'day in the life'.

 
At 9:17 pm, Blogger Sydell Voeller said...

Sam's got it all figured out, right? Aren't our kitties intelligent creatures? Loved the pics, plus Sam's memoirs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home